Minutes of the
City Hall: Price,
February 27, 2008 at 5:30 p.m.
Councilmembers: Aleck Shilaos, Police Chief
Kathy Hanna Smith Laurie Tryon, City Recorder
Jeanne McEvoy Pat Larsen, Finance Director
Nick Tatton, Community Director
Excused Absence: Councilmember Nielson and Customer Service Director, Bret Cammans
Others Present: Madelayne and Dean Nyeffeler
Mayor Piccolo led the Pledge of Allegiance. Roll was called with the above Councilmembers and staff in attendance.
1. COUNCILMEMBERS REPORT- The Mayor and Councilmembers presented an update on the activities and functions in which they have participated.
MOTION. Councilmember Tatton moved to open the public hearing at 5:49 p.m. to revise the budget for fiscal year 2007-2008. Motion seconded by Councilmember Davis and carried. No public input was received. MOTION. Councilmember Tatton moved to close the public hearing at 5:51 p.m. Motion seconded by Councilmember Hanna Smith and carried. MOTION. The public hearing was re-opened at 6:31 p.m. by Councilmember Tatton following discovery that the public notice for the public hearing specified 6:00 p.m.. Motion seconded by Councilmember Hanna-Smith. No public input was received. MOTION. Councilmember McEvoy moved to close the public hearing at 6:32 p.m. Motion seconded by Councilmember Davis and carried.
3. VISIONARY SERVICE LEADER AWARD- Madalyne Nyeffeler
Madalyne Nyeffeler received the Visionary Service Leader Award for February 2008
PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION
Nick Tatton reported that the Planning and Zoning Commission gave the following recommendation for the application of a Conditional Use Permit:
4. CONDITIONAL USE PERMITS
a. The Mane Station-
MOTION. Councilmember Hanna-Smith moved to grant final approval on item a as recommended by the Planning and Zoning Commission. Motion seconded by Councilmember Tatton and carried.
CONSENT AGENDA - Councilmember Tatton moved to approve items #8 through #17 on the agenda with item #14 removed for discussion. Motion seconded by Councilmember McEvoy and carried.
January 4, 2008 City Council Workshop
January 23, 2008 Information Session
February 13, 2008 City Council Meeting
February 13, 2008 Community Development and Renewal Agency Meeting
February 13, 2008 Community Development Block Grant Public Hearing Meeting
6. LIBRARY BOARDMEMBER- Approval of a New Library Boardmember: Dee Davis
7. I.S. DEPARTMENT REQUEST- Authorization to Purchase an Additional Network Firewall Protection Program
8. UTILITY BILL OUTSOURCING-Ratified from February 13, 2008 City Council Meeting
9. TRAVEL REQUEST-
Worley-Victim Advocate Training-
Bedont and Ron Stefanoff- Wildland/Light Rescue Truck-Lake Park,
10. RESOLUTION 2008-02- Authorization to Adopt Resolution 2008-02 Revising the Budget for Fiscal Year 2007-2008
11. BASSO DINO-MINE PLAYGROUND- Bid Award Report- Area Lighting to Bodec Construction
12. QUESTAR GAS AND QUESTAR PIPELINE- Authorization to Enter into an Agreement with Questar Gas and Questar Pipeline to Facilitate the Placement of the City’s Road Right of Way and Subsequent Construction of the Homestead Boulevard Loop Road Improvements Over the Existing Questar Gas Feeder Line 86 and Questar Pipeline Main Line 40 Gas Pipelines
13. PROPERTY TAX- Authorization to Pay Verizon Wireless $2,984.63 for Refund of Property Tax
14. BASSO DINO-MINE PLAYGROUND- Authorization for Price City to Transfer Funds from the Basso Dino-Mine Playground to the Capital Improvement Fund
Davis requested clarification that there were no possible claims against the Basso
Dino-Mine Playground that would affect the transfer of the fund in question.
John Daniels stated that he thought
16. COMMUNITY PROGRESS-Update by Councilmember Hanna-Smith
· Active members for Community Progress suggestions requested
17. POWER BOARD- Councilmember Davis reported on the happenings of the Power Board
18. INTERNATIONAL DAYS-Update by Councilmember Davis
· Options are being discussed for an outdoor movie screen for next year
· Next meeting dates: April 15, May 13, June 10, July 1 and 15th, 12 noon in Rm. 207
19. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
a. Committee Review for Street Banners
b. Curb, Gutter and Sidewalk Improvements on 2nd South
c. Basso Dino-Mine Playground
d. Economic Activity Building-Office Space
20. EXECUTIVE SESSION-Struck
Meeting adjourned at 6:35 p.m. by Mayor Piccolo pursuant to the motion by Councilmember McEvoy .