MINUTES OF MAY 12, 2008
Larry Bruno Laurie Tryon, City Recorder
EXCUSED: Commissioner Hanna-Smith, Commissioner R. Richens and Commissioner Sacco
OTHERS PRESENT: Ken Young
I PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Chairman Bruno led the Pledge of Allegiance
II ROLL CALL
III MINUTES OF APRIL 28, 2008
Commissioner Lyon moved to approve the minutes of April 28, 2008 as presented. Motion
seconded by Commissioner Shook and carried.
V PUBLIC HEARING TO RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENT ON THE
MOTION. Commissioner A. Richens moved to open the public hearing at 6:03 p.m. Motion seconded by
Commissioner Lyon and carried. Ken Young of Utah Community Planners spoke on the changes made to
Commissioner Lyon moved to close the public hearing at 6:14p.m. Motion seconded by Commissioner
Shook and carried.
VI RESOLUTION 2008-02 PRICE CITY GENERAL PLAN UPDATE- FINAL APPROVAL
MOTION. Commissioner Shook moved to recommend final approval of the Price City General Plan
Update Resolution 2008-02. Motion seconded by Commissioner A. Richens and carried.
VII PUBLIC HEARING TO RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENT ON THE PRICE CITY LAND USE
MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT CODE UPDATE
MOTION. Commissioner A. Richens moved to open the public hearing at 6:15 p.m. Motion seconded by
Commissioner Shook and carried. A summary update was given to each Commissioner. Ken Young of
Utah Community Planners spoke on the proposed changes made to the Price City Land Use Management
Development Code Update. MOTION. Commissioner
p.m. Motion seconded by Commissioner A. Richens and carried.
VIII RESOLUTION 2008-03
MOTION. Commissioner Lyon moved to recommend final approval of the Price City Land Use
Management and Development Code Resolution 2008-03. Motion seconded by Commissioner Shook and
IX HOME OCCUPIED PERMIT- BUSINESS- FINAL
248 S. 500 W. - CONSTRUCTION ERA, INC. - RYAN MONSON, OWNER
Mr. Monson did not attend the meeting. Nick Tatton presented the request on behalf of Mr. Monson. Ryan
Monson has requested a Home Occupied Business (HOB) Office Use Only (OUO) permit for a business
called Construction ERA, Inc. The HOB OUO will be located at 248 South 500 West, situated within the
Multiple Residential 7 (MR-7) zoning district. It is the recommendation of staff to provide a final approval
with the conditions indicated.
· No employees except immediate family members residing in the home to gather, convene or stage at the home;
· No unusual traffic is permitted on or off-site which is not customarily observed in residential neighborhoods;
· No parking of construction equipment at the home, only customary automobiles, vans, trucks;
· No parking beyond the driveway, all parking to be accommodated on site on hard surfaced areas;
· No on-street parking of business related vehicles, trailers, etc.;
· No unusual waste, or amounts, residential or otherwise may be generated;
· No unusual electronic interference may be generated;
· No non residential dust, odors, noise or other contamination may be generated;
· Maintain valid local, state and or federal licensing at all times;
· Maintain all vehicles, trailers, etc. associated with the business in an orderly and locked condition when at the residence finding that locked vehicles and trailers reduce incidence of theft and vandalism and corresponding impacts on public safety.
MOTION. Commissioner A. Richens moved to approve the HOB for Ryan Monson with the conditions
presented. Motion seconded by Commissioner Shook and carried.
X CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT- BUSINESS RELOCATION-FINAL
90 W. 100 N. #6- DIVERSITY- EDDIE HORVATH, OWNER
The address for the business relocation has been changed by Eddie Horvath. He will attend the Planning
and Zoning meeting on May 27, 2008 with new plans. MOTION. Commissioner Lyon moved to strike
Item X. Motion seconded by Commissioner A. Richens.
XI UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. All plat revisions, public right-of-way dedications, improvement design
completed by 12-31-07
b. Completion of development agreement requirements by 7-1-08
c. Completion of off street parking requirements by 7-1-09
Meeting adjourned at 6:50 p.m. by Chairman Bruno pursuant to the motion by Commissioner Lyon.
APPROVED: _________________________ ATTEST: ________________________
Larry Bruno, Chairman Laurie Tryon, City Recorder