MINUTES OF MAY 21, 2007
PRESENT: Commissioners: Laurie Tryon, City Recorder
OTHERS PRESENT:Gary Sonntag, Garry Farrell, Tracy Udink, Kathy Hanna-Smith, Samual Bowman, Roy Nikas, Roberta Hardy, Paula Wells, Tammi Richey, Gary Chawc, Rick Carlton, David Ariotti, Keith Cox
MOTION. Commissioner Nielson moved for Commissioner Lyon to serve as Chairman Pro tempore in the absence of Chairman Bruno. Motion seconded by Commissioner Shook. Motion carried.
I PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Vice Chairman Gary Lyon led the Pledge of Allegiance
II ROLL CALL
III MINUTES OF MAY 7, 2007
A favorable motion to approve the minutes of May 7, 2007 as read was made by Commissioner Shook. Commissioner Sacco seconded the motion. Motion carried.
IV HOME OCCUPIED PERMIT- BUSINESS-OFFICE USE ONLY- FINAL
390 EAST 700 NORTH- TWO DRAGONS PROD., SAMUAL BOWMAN, OWNER
This is a Home Occupied Office Use Only Permit for the new business of Two Dragons Production owned by Samual Bowman. It is a limited liability company that will be shooting one film for Sundance Film Festival. Staff confirmed with Mr. Bowman that the production will not be subject to the Sexually Oriented Business Ordinance. There will not be an impact to the neighborhood with signage, advertising, traffic or customers coming to the home. Staff recommends approval of this business with the following requirements based upon Section 1.13.90 and Section 10.3.4 of the Price City Land Use Management and Development Code:
· No employees at the residence
· No unusual traffic (periodic deliveries-Fed Ex, UPS allowed)
· No parking of vehicles except in private driveways
· No unusual amount of garbage and waste products accumulating
· No electronic interference of customary neighborhood signal (internet, television, etc.)
· No environmental contamination (noise, dust, odors, etc.)
MOTION. A favorable motion was made by Commissioner Nielson to approve the Home Occupied Office Use Only permit final with staff recommendations. Motion seconded by Commissioner Sampinos and carried.
V HOME OCCUPIED PERMIT- DAYCARE- FINAL
742 NORTH 500 EAST- THE GINGERBREAD HOUSE- TAMMI RICHEY, OWNER
Tammi Richey requested a Home Occupied Permit for a
child daycare in her home located at 742 North 500 East. She will be licensed
for 8 children with the required state allowance of 35 square foot of space per
child. She has a fenced in back yard that is fully enclosed with a 6’ fence. Ms.
Richey has completed the requirement for favorable neighborhood signatures and
will bring a copy of her state license and food handlers permit to
Provision of a
copy of State of
· No parking or street congestion related to drop-off and pick-up of children
MOTION. A favorable motion was made by Commissioner Sampinos to approve the Home Occupied permit final with the stated contingencies. Motion seconded by Commissioner Richens and carried.
VI CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT-AMENDMENT-FINAL
801 EAST MAIN STREET-EL SALTO MEXICAN CAFÉ-MIGUEL TABERNA, OWNER
Nick Tatton presented this request on behalf of Miguel
Taberna. The El Salto Mexican Café is planning to move from its present
· Completion of all requirements for fire safety indicated by the Price City Fire Chief at the location
Completion of all
requirements set forth by the Price City Building Inspector relative to
Submission of all
signage changes to
MOTION. A favorable motion was made by Commissioner Richens to approve the Conditional Use Permit Amendment Final with the stated contingencies. Motion seconded by Commissioner Shook and carried.
VII CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT- PLANNED UNIT DEVELOPMENT-FINAL
431 AND 435 EAST 100 NORTH, GARRY FARRELL, OWNER
Garry Farrell presented this Planned Unit Development final. A letter from Mr. Farrell indicating that the soil conditions at the site are known to him and do not require any additional geotechnical evaluation relative to the development and that Mr. Farrell will assume all responsibility for soil conditions and any failures of the soil relative to the development has been given to the Commission. A final site plan for the PUD development indicating all utility connections, set-backs, locations of homes and landscaping has been received by the Commission. Also, letters/statements from adjoining property owners to the west of the PUD development indicating knowledge of the situations surrounding any potential construction at the property line have been received for the file. In order to complete the final approval for the CUP for the residential Planned Unit Development (PUD) for Mr. Garry Farrell, the following items have been required by the Price City Public Works Department and Planning and Zoning Commission:
· Letter from Mr. Farrell and/or the home provider indicating compliance with all HUD certifications and requirements;
Mr. Farrell is checking into options for an existing
power pole belonging to
VIII CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT- BUSINESS- CONCEPT ONLY
828 EAST MAIN-AARON’S SALES AND LEASE-KEITH KENNEDY, ARCHITECT
David Ariotti presented this item representing Keith
Kennedy. This is a request for a Conditional Use Permit for a new furniture
store development to be located at
· Statement of compliance from developer with environmental considerations where applicable (erosion, dust control, grade and slope stability, ground water and runoff, vegetation, wildlife, urban or wildfire potential, accumulation of wastes) –developer can provide Price city with a brief letter address each
· Completion of site specific soil report and recommendations to include any grading plans
· Completion of site plan indicating: storm water management (to accommodate 100 year flood); utility connections and installations; ingress and egress; parking lot configuration and lighting; garbage dumpster location and enclosure sizing; perimeter fencing (if any); public infrastructure installations and dedication to the public; landscaping requirements (5%)
· PRWID survey completed and copy submitted
· Signage plan may be submitted for administrative approval
· Development plans submitted for review to include: construction plans; site preparation plans (grading, utility connections, etc.); public infrastructure construction plans
MOTION. A favorable motion was made by Commissioner Shook to approve the Conditional Use Permit Concept Only for Aaron’s Sales and Lease with the stated contingencies of the 5’ west boundary setback. Motion seconded by Commissioner Sacco and carried.
IX CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT- NEW DEVELOPMENT-CONCEPT ONLY
1365 SOUTH CARBON
AVE.-MSHA BUILDING-C.V.LLC, STEPHEN
Rick Carlton presented this request for a new MSHA
Office (building #3) to be built at
· Vicinity Map and Site Plan indicating all Price City development requirements, including curb, gutter, sidewalk, street extension, fire hydrants, street lights, rights-of-way, storm water drainage plans, utility connectivity, landscaping requirements, dedication of appropriate areas to the public; submission of a minimum of (2) 24”x 36” and (2) 11.5 x 17” site plans
· Completion and submission of a site geotechnical soil report
engineered building design plans to
· Completion of any development agreement(s) necessary or required by the Price City Public Works Department relative to the public improvements required by the development
· Completion of requirements for the previous CUP (easements road dedication, repair sidewalk, concrete jersey barricades at the end of the street). Move water line out into the street right of way.
· Multiple developments our now on this property. If ownership has changed for the property it may be time to require a new subdivision plat.
MOTION. A favorable motion was made by Commissioner Nielson to approve the Conditional Use Permit Concept Only for the new MSHA development with stated contingencies. Motion seconded by Commissioner Sampinos and carried.
X CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT-AMENDMENT-FINAL
Nick Tatton presented this request for Tony Basso and
Kevin Pritchett. Four Seasons Homes has found a need to use the property
immediately south (
XI CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT-TEMPORARY BUILDINGS/STREET
IMPROVEMENTS-REVIEW AND POSSIBLE FINAL-210 NORTH 600 E. – PINNACLE
The Conditional Use Permit for
XII CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT-AMENDMENT-PRELIMINARY AND CONCEPT
143 N. 100 E. / 59 E. 100 N.-
MOTION. A favorable motion was made by Commissioner Richens to table the item. Motion seconded by Commissioner Sampinos and carried.
XIII CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT- STORAGE UNITS- FINAL
121 NORTH CARBONVILLE ROAD- WASATCH PORTABLE STORAGE-CHRIS KITCHEN, MANAGER
Mr. Chris Kitchen of Wasatch Portable Storage was contacted after Price City received a complaint regarding un-permitted container storage units located at 135 South 1060 West (Market Express). The storage containers may be permitted in the zone under Section 188.8.131.52.1 of the Price City Land Use Management and Development Code. This section provides for “temporary, up to 1 year, shipping/storage containers and truck trailers/boxes and other un-permitted storage uses.” At this time, the containers are stacked to the west of the existing Market Express buildings. Commission recommends items to include:
· Limitations on numbers and/or sizes of containers available for “display”-only one unit of each size allowed-no more than four
· Requirement for hard surfacing of sales lot consistent with other use requirements
· Installation of sight obscuring fencing around storage/sales lot-high enough to cover units
· Conformance with other storage facility requirements as indicated in Section 184.108.40.206 of the Price City Land Use Management and Development code
· Limitations on time for permitting beyond the 1 year indicated in the Code
· Sign to be kept within code- administrative permitting required
· September 20, 2007 time allotment
· Conditions need to be stated to individuals purchasing the storage units as they are only allowed for temporary use in a CD zone.
This business is a reciprocal business which does not require
MOTION. A favorable motion was made by Commissioner Shook to approve the Conditional Use Permit Concept and Preliminary only on a trial basis only with compliance of the following requirements: one unit of each size for display and no more than four, a 8’ sight obscuring fence, hard asphalt surface, signage requirements by code, payment of necessary fees to City and the completion date set for no later than September 30, 2007. Motion seconded by Commissioner Richens and carried.
Commission Nielson abstained from commenting on the next agenda item and declared a conflict of interest. The conflict was noted for the record.
XIV CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT- NEW SUBDIVISION- CONCEPT ONLY
CAVE HOLLOW- 300 EAST
Keith Cox presented this request for concept approval for the Cave Hollow Subdivision situated within the SF-12 zone at approximately 1400 North 300 East for 38 lots. The developers goal is have concept approval for all 38 lots and to move along on the first phase of 4 lots as finances allow. Homes in the subdivision must be stick built. Before preliminary or final approval can be granted the following requirements must be met:
· Environmental Impact assessment/letter indicating responses to the matters listed in Section 3.3 of the Price City Land Use Management and Development Code
· Specific preparation of a qualified geotechnical study (soil report) for the overall subdivision
· Specific storm water collection and management plan relative to washes running throughout the project site
· Specific grade and fill plan based on results of qualified geotechnical study
· Public infrastructure development and utility connectivity plan. Indications of water, sewer, electrical, curb-gutter-sidewalk, storm water management and drainage plan, street lighting, fire hydrants and street signage
· Letters from all utility providers indicating capacity and connectivity ability to serve the proposed subdivision
· Engineered site plan with all required elements provided for review by Price City Public Works Department and Planning and Zoning Commission
MOTION. A favorable motion was made by Commissioner Richens to approve the Conditional Use Permit Concept Only. Motion seconded by Commissioner Sacco and carried with Commissioner Nielson abstaining from a vote.
Commissioner Richens motioned to adjourn. The meeting adjourned at 7:44 p.m.
ATTEST_________________________________ Laurie Tryon, City Recorder