MINUTES OF JUNE 25, 2007
Larry Bruno Nick Tatton, Community Director
EXCUSED: Commissioner Lyon, Commissioner Shook
OTHERS PRESENT: Steve Hilliam, Peggy Rinaldi, Dave Ariotti, Dave Levanger, Roberta Hardy, Kathy Hanna-Smith, Roy Nikas, Jeanne McEvoy, Perry Fry, Rachael Krompel, Alicia Marreli and Frank Marreli
I PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Chairman Larry Bruno led the Pledge of Allegiance
II ROLL CALL
III MINUTES OF JUNE 11, 2007
A favorable motion to approve the minutes of June 11, 2007 as read was made by Commissioner Nielson. Commissioner Sacco seconded the motion. Motion carried.
IV CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT- BUSINESSS- FINAL
Peggy Rinaldi presented this request for a Conditional Use Permit for Puptown LLC. The area, in which Ms. Rinaldi would like to have her business, is located within a Manufacturing District (MD) zone. This type of business is not permitted in the MD zone. The request cannot be approved by the Planning and Zoning Commission and will need to be recommended to City Council for an update to the Price City Land Use Development Code in order to permit the business in the MD zone. Ms Rinaldi presented a letter to the Commission describing her business and her plans to update the building and clean the area. The Planning and Zoning Commission recommended that the Price City Council set a Public Hearing for a Land Use Development Code change that would facilitate permitting of the business as requested. The business sign can be approved administratively. MOTION. A motion to deny the Conditional Use Permit Business and Sign Final was made by Commissioner Nielson with a recommendation to City Council for an update to the Land Use Development Code. Motion seconded by Commissioner Sampinos and carried.
V CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT- BUSINESS-FINAL
47 NORTH 100 EAST-BELLASANO SALON AND SPA- ALICIA MARELLI, OWNER
Marelli presented this Conditional Use Permit request
for a new business located at 47 North 100 East (formerly Smuin,
renovations meeting Price City Building Department requirements and a valid
· Limited on-street parking to customers only, owners and employees must park in mid-block lots;
· Submission of business signage to Price City Community Development Department for administrative review and approvals;
Ms. Marelli stated that she has current state licensing for this business. Salon related activities to include, but not limited to tanning, massage, pedicure, manicure, hair treatments and styling. A sign plan will be submitted to the City when it is ready for installation as it can be approved administratively. MOTION. A favorable motion to approve the Conditional Use Permit Business Final was made by Commissioner Nielson. Motion seconded by Commissioner Sampinos and carried.
VI CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT- AMENDMENT-FINAL
143 N. 100 E.-
This request is for an amendment to the current Conditional Use Permit to include requested changes made on behalf of Steve Hillam of Castle Valley Services. Steve would like to have a water way on the west side of the property and a 6’ vinyl fence that would begin at 3’ and end at 6’ installed on the north side of the property. Shrubs will be planted along the new fence. Commissioner Nielson spoke earlier today to a home owner regarding a wall that would place a buffer between his home and the carwash. The noise from the dryer and the brightness from the car headlights washing their cars at night have become a problem for this neighbor. A new building will be built that should extend high and long enough to take care of those two problems. Mr. Hillam is more than happy to meet with this neighbor regarding the issues he has addressed. Staff recommends approval for this amendment final including installation of any grease traps required by PRWID and repair to existing sidewalks. MOTION. A favorable motion to approve the Conditional Use Permit Amendment Final was made by Commissioner Nielson with the stipulation that Mr. Hillam meets with the neighbor regarding the issues he is facing. Motion seconded by Commissioner Richens and carried.
VII CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT-
Rachel Krompel presented a request for a Conditional Use Permit for the concept and preliminary approval of Florence Subdivision, Phase II. The subdivision is situated within the SF-6 zone at approximately 1400 East 800 North. The subdivision approval is available under Section 10.3.13 of the Price City Land Use Management and Development Code. Subsequent to concept and preliminary approval, it is recommended that Mr. Basso prepare/provide the following information as indicated in Chapter 3 of the Price City Land Use Management and Development Code prior to any request for final approval of the land subdivision:
· Environmental Impact assessment/letter indicating responses to the matters listed in Section 3.3 of the Price City Land Use Management and Development Code;
· Specific preparation of a qualified geotechnical study (soil report) for the overall subdivision;
· Storm water collection and management plan relative to drainage from the project site;
· Public infrastructure development and utility connectivity plan. Indications of water, sewer, electrical, curb-gutter-sidewalk, storm water management and drainage plan, street lighting, fire hydrants, street signage;
· Letters from all utility providers indicating capacity and connectivity ability to serve the proposed subdivision;
· Final site plan documents and subdivision plat prepared in mylar copy.
The environmental review has been completed as of today and a current plat is being reviewed by the City Engineer. The final plat will come before the Planning and Zoning Commission for approval. MOTION. Commissioner Richens moved to provide concept and preliminary approval only for the residential subdivision, Florence Subdivision Phase II with final approval subject to additional submissions and requirements. Motion seconded by Commissioner Sampinos. Motion carried.
VIII CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT-NEW BUILDING-PRELIMINARY AND FINAL
828 EAST MAIN-AARON’S SALES AND LEASE-DAVE ARIOTTI, REPRESENTATIVE
Conditional Use Permit (CUP) application for Aarons Sales and Lease,
· Completion of an environmental comment, consistent with Section 18.104.22.168 of the Price City Land Use Management and Development Code;-geotechnical study, water runoff
· Completion of a qualified geotechnical report for the site indicating soil types and building requirements;
· Completion of site storm water drainage in accordance with approval of Price City Public Works Department;
· Possible installation of additional fire hydrant at project site, continuation from existing hydrant or new installation to main line, depending on flow test and approval of Price City Building Department;
· Completion and submission of engineered building plans to the Price City Building Department for plan review and obtainment of a valid Price City Building Permit;
· Submission of any project signage for administrative review and approval consistent with Chapter 4 of the Price City Land Use Management and Development Code.
MOTION. Commissioner Nielson moved to approve the Conditional Use Permit for preliminary and final for Aaron’s Sales and Lease with a 5’ west boundary setback and development contingencies as recommended. Motion seconded by Commissioner Richens. Motion carried.
IX CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT- SHERIFF IMPOUND BUILDING-PRELIMINARY APPROVAL- DAVE LEVANGER, CARBON COUNTY BUILDING OFFICIAL
Dave Levanger, Carbon County Planning and Zoning
Administrator, presented the preliminary plans for a proposed Sheriff
Department Impound Lot. The lot is proposed for the vacant property that
X CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT- DEVELOPMENT
Hardy presented a request for a Conditional Use Permit for
· Completion of existing development agreement requirements relative to infrastructure improvements along 300 North Street, contingent to the Pinnacle Canyon Academy property (curb, gutter, sidewalk, etc.); Commission set a deadline of July 1, 2008 for completion of all necessary development requirements with all planning, design, engineering work to be completed by December 31, 2007 including completion of a new survey plat, remedying public right-of-way dedication discrepancies.
· Completion and installation of off-street parking. Off street parking requirements (number of spaces) must be set by conditional use permit (CUP) according to Section 6.4.15 of the Price City Land Use Management and Development Code. It is recommended that the spaces be required based on the reported average number of employees and driving students at the school at any one time, plus a minimum of 5 spaces for visitors; Commission set a deadline date of July 1, 2009 for off street parking lot completion.
Hardy stated that she would like a two year extension for all developments as
the school is the process of fixing the 300 North problems they are facing with
the runoff from behind the building. The bond for the development agreement has
already been extended for a period of 1 year. The City and
VII OTHER BUSINESS
Commissioner Richens motioned to adjourn. The meeting adjourned at 6:58 p.m.
APPROVED___________________________ Larry Bruno, Chairman
ATTEST______________________________ Laurie Tryon, City Recorder