Minutes of the
City Hall: Price,
July 25, 2007 5:30 p.m.
Kathy Hanna-Smith Nick Tatton, Community Director
Excused Absence: Pat Larsen, Finance Director
Others Present: Jane Rice
Mayor Piccolo led the Pledge of Allegiance. Roll was called with the above Councilmembers and staff in attendance.
1. PUBLIC COMMENT
Rice stated her concerns regarding the conditions of the neighborhood she lives
in at 75 E. 300 S. The property owners and renters of the properties are not
caring for the condition of the yards, sidewalks, gutters and the area in
between. There are quite a few properties on the block that have trash, stray cats, inoperable cars,
cars for sale that are parked on the grass, and the remains of people moving in
and out of homes. The weeds and trees are overgrown and out of control in the
area. Mrs. Rice cares about her own yard and the neighborhood that she lives in
and would like the City to assist her in cleaning the area or providing
citations to property owners that are not complying with City ordinances. Mayor
Piccolo requested that Mrs. Rice call the Price City Ordinance Officer with her
complaints so the issues are on record and the process of contacting the
property owners can begin. Mrs. Rice works extremely hard to care for her property
and would like to see others doing the same. Mrs. Rice suggests that the City
send a letter with the utility bills to clean their yards and comply with City
ordinances. There are nuisance and abatement ordinances already in place in
2. COUNCILMEMBERS REPORT- The Mayor and Councilmembers presented an update on the activities and functions in which they have participated.
3. VISIONARY SERVICE LEADER AWARD- Leslie Jewkes
The item was rescheduled to the next meeting.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT POLICY- Draft- Councilmember
Councilmember Davis would appreciate comments and or
suggestions as to how the final policy will read. The final will include an
introduction, purpose and intent, terms and permitted use, general legal
requirements, principals, definitions, practices and processes. This policy
will fit into the general policy plan of
PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION
5. CONDITIONAL USE PERMITS
Councilmember Nielson reported that the Planning and Zoning Commission gave favorable recommendations for the following requests for Conditional Use Permits.
a. G & A Window Cleaning- 1125 N. 200 E.- David Black, Owner- Office Use Only-Final
b. KD Real Estate- 565 W. 800 S. – Kathy Diamanti, Owner- Office Use Only-Final
c. Elkridge Subdivision Phase IV- T.H. and Linda Poloni, Owners- Preliminary and Final
f. Georgetown Development- (approx) 1700 E. 400 N.-(within) American Dream Subdivision-Concept
g. American Dream Subdivision- (approx) 1500-1600 E. 400 N.-Paul Washburn/Julie Smith, Owners
MOTION. Councilmember Nielson moved to approve items a through d as presented by the Planning and Zoning Commission. Items e through g are for information only. Motion seconded by Councilmember Tatton. Motion carried.
CONSENT ITEMS- MOTION. Councilmember Tatton moved to approve items #6 through #16 with items #14 and #20 removed from the agenda for discussion. Motion seconded by Councilmember Nielson and carried.
6. MINUTES –
July 11, 2007 City Council Meeting
8. STREET CLOSURE- Approval of a
Street Closure at 100 East and 100 West on
9. PRICE CITY GENERAL PLAN AND LAND USE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT CODE UPDATE- Approval for Utah Community Planners to Review and Update the Price City General Plan and the Price City Land Use Management and Development Code and to Authorize the Mayor and City Recorder to Sign the Contract on Behalf of Price City
10. CAREER LADDER PROMOTIONS- Approval of Recommended Promotions for two (2) Street Department Employees
11. TOBACCO CESSATION SUPPORT- Approval to
Accept and Implement the 2007-2008 Tobacco Cessation Support Program for
12. BUSINESS LICENSE- Approval of the Business- Utah Head and Neck Surgery, 945 W. Hospital Drive #1, Dr. Barry Peterson
13. ADOPT-A-STREET AGREEMENT- Approval of
Eastern Utah Parrot Heads Agreement with
14. STREET DEPARTMENT-Approval to Fill a Short-Term Seasonal Position in the Street Department with a Candidate from the June 13, 2007 Full-Time Hiring Process to Assist in Annual Painting Projects
15. ORDINANCE 2007-003- Authorization to Approve Ordinance 2007-003 Concerning the Operation and use of Off-Highway Vehicles Within Price City and Designating Permissible Routes Within Price City
16. LOCAL CONSENT- Local Consent for a Class C Beer License for Miguel Taberna, Owner of El Salto Café-Business Relocation from 19 South Carbon Avenue to 801 East Main
17. CAREER LADDER- Resolution 2007- 17 - Approval of Resolution 2007-17 Adopting Revised Job Descriptions for Lifeguard I and Lifeguard II and Implement Associated Compensation and Performance Management
Councilmember Davis had concerns regarding a section of the job description language and requested clarification from the Human Resource Director. The job description will include that all applicants have the ability to see and adjust visibility under water. MOTION. Councilmember Davis moved to approve the job descriptions and to include the change to underwater vision. Motion seconded by Councilmember McEvoy and carried.
18. GENERAL ENGINEERING SERVICES ADDENDUM-
Authorization to Accept the General Services Agreement Addendum #03-07 for Design
Engineering Services for
Councilmember Hanna-Smith had questions regarding the justification of the cost schedule for this project. The final costs for the project will be accounted for as this agreement sets a parameter for the costs that is not to exceed the amounts listed. MOTION. Councilmember Hanna-Smith moved to approve the agreement addendum. Motion seconded by Councilmember Tatton. Motion carried.
19. PRWID-Update by Councilmember Tatton
· At the last meeting: swearing in of a new treasurer/secretary
· An offer was declined from the prior treasurer to do consulting work
An approval was
given for the development of 14 lots on
· A majority of Board of Trustees elected to let employees use equipment
· Discussion on Social Security and Medicare issue involving several employees
· Discussion and evaluation of job descriptions and wage comparisons
20. COMMUNITY PROGRESS-Update by Councilmember Hanna-Smith
Two kiosks have
been ordered for
21. WATER RESOURCES- Update by Gary Sonntag
A Water Right 91-282
(A32802) Gordon Creek Application that is 50 years old was received by
22. INTERNATIONAL DAYS- Update by Councilmember Nielson
Amusements and Den and Jen’s Bouncers are both participating in the
International Days activities planned for the weekend of July 27th
and 28th, 2007. Both companies will need an agreement with
23. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
a. Committee Review for Street Banners
b. Road Audit- 200 and 400 North- 100 E.
c. Curb, Gutter and Sidewalk Improvements on 2nd South
24. ADDENDUM ITEM- Resolution 2007-18
Municipal Wastewater Planning Program Resolution yearly self-assessment report required by the Department of Environmental Quality. MOTION. Councilmember Tatton moved to approve. Motion seconded by Councilmember McEvoy and carried.
25. NEW ITEMS:
Plants- Purchase of 1000 roses for the Dino-Mine Playground and
b. Mayor Piccolo would like the
Meeting adjourned by Councilmember McEvoy at 7:04 p.m.