MINUTES OF AUGUST 6, 2007
Gary Lyon Nick Tatton, Community Director Frankie Sacco
OTHERS PRESENT: Zac Jones, Annette Henrie, Alen Dinn, David Adair, Amber Adair, Robert
Felice, Kathy Hanna-Smith,
MOTION. Commissioner Richens moved for Commissioner Lyon to serve as Pro-tempore Chairman in the absence of Chairman Bruno. Motion seconded by Commissioner Shook and carried.
I PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
II ROLL CALL
III MINUTES OF JULY 23, 2007
A favorable motion to approve the minutes of July 23, 2007 as read was made by Commissioner Richens. Commissioner Sampinos seconded the motion. Motion carried.
IV HOME OCCUPIED PERMIT- OFFICE USE ONLY- BUSINESS-FINAL
394 N. 500 E. – FELICE REPAIRS-HANDYMAN- ROBERT FELICE, OWNER
Robert Felice requested a Home Occupied Permit (HOB) for office use only in his home located at 394 North 500 East. Staff recommended the following: (As indicted in Section 1.13.90 of the Price City Land Use Management and Development Code):
· No permitted employee, current or future, staging or gathering at the home, all employee activity must remain at individual job sites;
· No unusual traffic not customary to residential use permitted to the home;
· No on street parking of business related vehicles including but not limited to cars, trucks, trailers, vans or other related vehicles;
· No unusual waste to be generated (garbage);
· No electronic interference with surrounding neighborhood, dust, odors, noise, etc.;
· No storage of any inventory or equipment beyond that capable of being maintained within the confines of work trucks and work trailers, all work trucks, trailers, etc. must remain locked when at the HOB address;
· Required administrative approval of any future signage placed on the property to ensure compliance with sign code.
Mr. Felice stated that he will not add a sign to his home for this business and will only park one service truck on the property (off street) for the business use. MOTION. Commissioner Shook moved to approve the Home Occupied Business office use only permit for Felice Repairs with the stated contingencies. Motion seconded by Commissioner Sampinos and carried.
V HOME OCCUPIED PERMIT-BUSINESS AND SIGN-FINAL
851 NORTH 900 EAST- GHOST BUCK ARCHERY-ZAC JONES, OWNER
Zac Jones requested a Home Occupied Permit (HOB) for a business called Ghost Buck Archery. Mr. Jones will be operating a business that sells, repairs and customizes archery equipment from the home, including internet sales. The home occupation is available by conditional use permit (CUP) under Section 10.3.4 of the Price City Land Use Management and Development Code. Limitations regarding the HOB are indicated in Section 1.13.90 of the Price City Land Use Management and Development Code. It is recommended that both the Building Inspector and the Fire Chief provide a review of the home for the business relative to any “on hand” materials. Staff recommends approval with the following contingencies:
Mr. Jones stated that his business sign will be made of wood and be approximately 7 x 18. Sales will be limited and by order only and the business will have no additional stock of supplies. MOTION. Commissioner Sampinos moved to approve the Home Occupied Business and Sign permit for Ghost Buck Archery. Motion seconded by Commissioner Sacco and carried.
VI CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT-BUSINESS AND SIGN- CONCEPT AND PRELIMINARY
and Amber Adair requested a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for a new business
called Red’s Equipment Rental to be located at
public infrastructure on
· No storage containers kept on site;
· Hard surfacing required for display and rental/sales lot;
· Recommended minimum 10’ setbacks for all structures placed on the lot unless otherwise specifically reviewed and approved;
· Site obscuring material placed in fence or new fence placed on west property boundary;
· Exact sign details must be submitted for administrative approval prior to installation of sign (Chapter 4 of Code);
· Submission of a PRWID wastewater survey;
· No equipment displayed or stored on the public right of way;
· No non operating equipment maintained within the outside yard;
· Obtain administrative review and approval of sign prior to installation;
· Submit copies of state license/bond/sales tax registration as required;
· 5% landscaping requirement
Mr. Adair stated that a 30 x 30 temporary mobile unit will be used as an office until a regular permanent office can be built. Access to the property is off of 300 South with 100 West used as an exit. The surfacing of the lot will be blacktop. Mr. Adair stated that some of the inventory would include: backhoes, mini excavators, dump trailers/ other trailers in a fenced off are for insurance reasons. The sign will meet City requirements and will be approved by City staff before installation. The Commission will allow one year for the temporary building. MOTION. Commissioner Richens moved to approve the Conditional Use Permit concept only for Red’s Equipment Rental subject to the stated contingencies being completed prior to final approval. Paving of the lot must be completed by August 2008. Motion seconded by Commissioner Shook and carried.
VII CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT-BUSINESS AND SIGN-FINAL
Henry and Alen Dinn presented a request for a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for
Castle Country Stars, a nationally recognized dance instruction and training
business to be located at
VIII CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT-WASATCH PORTABLE STORAGE-FINAL
135 NORTH 1060 WEST-MARKET EXPRESS-CHRIS KITCHEN, OWNER
Nick Tatton stated that Chris Kitchen and Angelo Kiahtipes could not attend the meeting but would like to have the portable storage units at the property of 135 North 1060 West for a maximum of 90 days at which time they will be removed. According to Chapter 11 of the Land Use Development and Management Code temporary use of up to one year of the storage units is allowed with Planning and Zoning approval. MOTION. Commissioner Sacco moved to approve the temporary conditional use permit under Chapter 11 for a period of 90 days only. Commissioner Richens seconded the motion and carried.
IX CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT- AMERICAN DREAM SUBDIVISION-FINAL
400 NORTH 1500-1600 EAST- PHASE I- PAUL WASHBURN/JULIE SMITH, OWNERS
Mr. Washburn is requesting final approval for American Dream Subdivision, Phase 1. Prior to receiving final approval, the following items were requested from Planning and Zoning:
· Final subdivision plat prepared with updated signature block style in Mylar copy;
· Completion of the development agreement(s) necessary & required by the Price City Public Works Department relative to the public improvements required by the development;
· Completion of review and approval of the grade and fill plan by the Price City Public Works Department.
MOTION. Commissioner Shook moved to provide final approval to the American Dream Subdivision, Phase 1subject to the contingencies as written. Motion seconded by Commissioner Sacco and carried.
X CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT-NEW DEVELOPMENT-FINAL
MOTION. Commissioner Shook moved to table item X. Motion seconded by Commissioner Richens and carried.
XI UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. Building Inspection walk through and recommendations by 9-1-07
b. All plat revisions, public right-of-way dedications, improvement design completed by
c. Completion of development agreement requirements by 7-1-08
d. Completion of off street parking requirements by 7-1-09
The Commission reviewed and discussed the unfinished business items and expected completion dates.
Commissioner Richens motioned to adjourn. The meeting adjourned at 6:48 p.m.
APPROVED______________________________ Gary Lyon, Chairman Pro-tempore
ATTEST_________________________________ Laurie Tryon, City Recorder