Minutes of the
City Hall: Price,
September 11, 2007 5:30 p.m.
Jeff Nielson Pat Larsen, Finance Director
Bret Cammans, Customer Service Director
Others Present: John Gallegos, Ben Grimes, Scott Potter, C.J. McManus and Jeff Preston
Mayor Piccolo led the Pledge of Allegiance. Roll was called with the above Councilmembers and staff in attendance.
1. PUBLIC COMMENT- John Gallegos
John Gallegos, lives in the neighborhood near Marx Body and Paint. He requested
clarification regarding the Planning and Zoning recommendations given to Marx
Body and Paint. He expected pavement to be placed behind the building within 18
months of City Council approval. Councilmember McEvoy had previously done the
research on this matter and reported that the pavement was required within 18
months and that it had not been done. She also stated that all U-haul trailers
were to be parked within the property line. The trailers are currently hanging
over the property line onto
2. COUNCILMEMBERS REPORT-The Mayor and Councilmembers presented an update on the activities and functions in which they have participated.
is building a second bridge on US6 over the
Two bids were received:
Vancon, Inc. $175,810.00
Nelco Contractors Inc. $115,397.00
MOTION. Councilmember Tatton moved for a committee made up of
a representative from Hansen, Allen and Luce, Pat Larsen, Gary Sonntag,
PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION
4. HOME OCCUPIED PERMITS
Councilmember Hanna-Smith reported that the Planning and Zoning Commission considered the following requests for Home Occupied Permits:
a. Hansen Window Cleaning- 451 N. 130 W. - Brian Hansen, Owner- Business Final
b. Lil’ Rascals Daycare-1120 N. 200 E.-Amanda Swann, Owner- Business and Sign-Denied
c. Bent on Perfection- 839 N. Pinewood Circle- George O’Neil, Owner-Business-Final
September 11, 2007
MOTION. Councilmember Hanna-Smith moved to approve items a and c as recommended by the Planning and Zoning Commission. Item b was denied by the Planning and Zoning Commission due to Homeowner Association rules in the area requested. Motion seconded by Councilmember Nielson and carried.
5. CONDITIONAL USE PERMITS
Councilmember Hanna-Smith reported that the Planning and Zoning Commission gave the following recommendations on requests for Conditional Use Permits:
a. Automobile Storage- 447 E. 100 S. - Jim Short, Owner- Concept and Preliminary Only
b. Sheriff Intake Building-150 N. 100 W.-Dave Levanger, Planning Director- Review-Tabled
MOTION. Councilmember Hanna-Smith moved to approve item a. Motion seconded by Councilmember Tatton and carried.
CONSENT AGENDA - Councilmember Tatton moved to approve items #6 through #21with Item #9 and #15 removed for discussion. Motion seconded by Councilmember Nielson and carried.
6. MINUTES –
August 22, 2007 City Council
September 7, 2007 Workshop
7. BEAR RBOG- Authorization for Contracted Business Visitation and Surveying of Companies with Consultant Dolores Roberts.
CLOSURE- Authorization for Closure of
10. JUDGES OF ELECTION 2007- Authorization to Approve the Pay for Poll Workers of $85.00 per Day and Poll Managers $150.00 per Day for the November 2007 General Election.
11. BUSINESS LICENSE- Authorization to Approve a Business License for Symmetry Pilates and Dancewear-58 W. Main-Melissa Anast, Owner.
12. STREET CLOSURE- Authorization for Dinosaur Tire to Close the Block of 200 East to the Greek Orthodox Church on September 29, 2007 from 7a.m. until 6 p.m. for a Store Event.
AND ZONING COMMISSION- Recommendation from Mayor Piccolo to Appoint Bob Richens
as a New Member of the
14. LIBRARY- Authorization to Advertise and Hire for Two Part-Time Library Positions.
Permission was requested to accept bids and purchase a new copy machine for the Public Works Department. The Public Works Department has a critical need to replace the existing copy machine and printer. The new copy machine serves both of these functions and would enhance and expand the services provided by the Public Works Departments.
September 11, 2007
COMMUNITY IMPACT FUND- Authorization for the Mayor and City Recorder to Sign
and Execute the Contracts for the Following Approved Projects:
19. ORDINANCE 2007-004 Authorization to Approve Ordinance 2007-004 Amending Ordinance 2004-06 Changing the Zone of the Undeveloped Bonnie J. Subdivision from Rural Residential Zone (RR) to a Commercial Development Zone (CD).
‘C’ ROAD- Authorization for Final Payment of $147,093.28 for #6C-2007 Mill and
Nielson Construction has completed the necessary work contracted to complete mill and overlay road work. A change order is necessary to reflect as-build quantities by an addition of $10,807.92 for additional tonnage following a recalculation of road work square footage. The revised contract will be $147,093.28. They have invoiced the City for this amount.
22. FISCAL AGENCY- Authorization for Price City to Act as the Fiscal Agent for Vendor Fees Collected and for Periodic Payables Estimated to be Only a Few Per Year During the Farmers Market in Downtown Price
Davis asked whether or not the Farmers Market knew
23. TRAVEL REQUEST- Authorization to Approve Travel for Captain Kevin Drolc and Officer Shane Henrie
Drolc and Shane Henrie- Annual Training-September 18-20, 2007-
Wilkinson- Defensive Tactics Training, November 5-9, 2007, SLC,
September 11, 2007
MOTION. Councilmember Hanna-Smith moved to approve the travel for Kevin Drolc, Shane Henrie, Nick Tatton and David Wilkinson and to add Tory Christiansen to the travel request as it was not reflected on the agenda. Motion seconded by Councilmember Tatton and carried.
24. PRWID- Update by Councilmember Tatton
Summary from PRWID meeting:
New subdivision on
· Ballpark subdivision- waterline soon to be in place
· Warehouse in Castle Gate will be rented to citizens needing storage space in order to generate money
The grease issues
in the sewer line at 700 East will need to be addressed soon. Both
· Revenue is looking better- always looking for ways to raise money- may have to begin charging connection fees to raise non rate revenue
· Outside water sales agreement being considered
· The term of Boardmember Tom Matthews expires this year and two people have entered their names for consideration in the November, 2007 election, Tom Matthews and Steve Rigby
25. Community Progress-Update by Councilmember Hanna-Smith
· Two new Boardmembers will be sworn in at the next meeting
· September 27 meeting- Nellene Heinz will receive the Visionary Service Leader Award
· There are funds remaining in the Youth Council and Emergency Preparedness accounts that could be used elsewhere. A decision needs to be made as to how the funds could be possibly transferred.
26. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
a. Committee Review for Street Banners
b. Road Audit- 200 and 400 North- 100 E.
c. Curb, Gutter and Sidewalk Improvements on 2nd South
f. Basso Dino-Mine Playground- The billboard coming
into town has become outdated. Councilmember Hanna-Smith would like to see the
sign changed and used to welcome travelers. She asked whether if money was
available for advertising. Bret Cammans commented that installation of cameras
and more lighting at the playground are being considered so that the photos
would show up clearer. Motion sensitive lights with the cameras may also make a
27. NEW BUSINESS:
Utah Symphony Banner’s- Peczuh
Printing is creating posters for an event that will be held on September 24th,
MOTION. Councilmember Tatton moved to open the Price Community Development and Renewal
Agency Meeting at 6:41 p.m. Motion seconded by Councilmember McEvoy and carried.
September 11, 2007
Meeting adjourned by Councilmember McEvoy at 6:55 p.m.