Minutes of the
City Hall: Price,
October 22, 2008 at 5:30 p.m.
Councilmembers: Aleck Shilaos, Police Chief
Jeff Nielson John Daniels, Human Resource Director
Kathy Hanna-Smith Laurie Tryon, City Recorder
Richard Tatton Nick Tatton, Community Director
Jeanne McEvoy Nick Sampinos, City Attorney
Others Present: Kate Alleman, Tom Paluso, Bruce Bryner, Neil Warner, Rita Alderson, Christa Kaminski, C.J. McManus, Marvin Mutz, Kasey Peterson and Gary Taylor
Mayor Piccolo led the Pledge of Allegiance. Roll was called with the above Councilmembers and staff in attendance.
1. PUBLIC COMMENT-
Mutz of the United Way, requested a waiver of a Price City building permit fee
for an office space that United Way will soon be moving into at 67 E. Main. He
stated that the building is in need of some renovations to make it suitable for
offices. He stated that because of
2. PUBLIC COMMENT-
C.J. McManus from the Sun Advocate, thanked the Mayor and City Council for the generous donation and time volunteered at the recent golf tournament fundraiser held in October. The fundraiser, “Fire in the Hole” surpassed everyone’s expectations in fundraising and was a great success.
3. COUNCILMEMBERS REPORT -The Mayor and Councilmembers presented an update on the
activities and functions in which they have participated.
4. VISIONARY SERVICE LEADER AWARD-Krista Kaminski
Krista Kaminski received the Visionary Service Leader Award for October 2008. Krista is a long time committed community member that has been very active in civic activities and promotions for many years.
PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION
an application for a Home Occupied Permit.
5. HOME OCCUPIED PERMITS (HOB)
a. OIS Home Cleaning- 764
MOTION. Councilmember Davis moved to grant final approval on item 5a as recommended by the
Planning and Zoning Commission. Motion seconded by Councilmember McEvoy and carried.
October 22, 2008
6. CONDITIONAL USE PERMITS (CUP)
a. Circle H, LLC.-
The Planning and Zoning Commission recommended that the City Council issue a cease and desist order
on the business of Circle H, LLC.
premises including (equipment, inventory, vehicles, debris related to the business) by November 13, 2008.
MOTION. Councilmember Hanna-Smith moved to accept the recommendation of the Planning
and Zoning Commission as set forth is item 6a and to include a letter from staff be sent to Mr.
Dustin Heugly to inform them of the order and the November 13, 2008 deadline. Motion seconded
by Councilmember Tatton and carried.
b. Winger’s Restaurant- 200 North Hospital Drive- Kasey Peterson, Owner- Preliminary and Final
· Site development to take place as indicated on the submitted site plan incorporating all measurements and distances; ingress and egress from property; dumpster location; all parking locations; ADA access; fencing; minimum 5% landscaping finding that detailed site plans reduce the opportunity for misunderstandings and promote high quality growth and development consistent with the goals in the Price City General Plan.
· Completion of development consistent with the storm water management plan submitted and incorporating any recommendations or requirements offered by the Price City Engineer finding that properly controlled and managed storm water runoff prevents flooding and mitigates potential negative impacts on neighboring land uses.
· Completion of development consistent with the geotechnical study (soil study) for the development site, including information on grading and/or fill at the site and incorporating any recommendations or requirements offered by the Price City Engineer finding that development constructed in accordance with geotechnical studies produce high quality long term development within Price City consistent with the Price City General Plan.
· Completion of a public infrastructure development agreement with the Price City Public Works Department and submission of the required financial surety guarantee finding that public infrastructure improvements completed as agreed to within a development agreement promote high quality long term development within Price City consistent with the goals within the Price City General Plan.
· Installation of a grease trap and a sampling manhole onto the sewer system consistent with the submitted plans finding that grease traps and sampling manholes mitigate negative impact on expensive public infrastructure needs.
connectivity to the private sewer line owned by
· Construction to only start upon completion of final building plan review by the Price City Building Department and Fire Chief and incorporation of any changes and recommendations for code compliance into the building plans finding that properly reviewed and approved building plans promote high quality, long-term, safe construction.
MOTION. Councilmember Tatton moved to approve item 6b with preliminary and final approval for Winger’s Restaurant subject to the stated conditions and that any additional requirements for the
project be met and pass final reviews of the City staff. Motion seconded by Councilmember Hanna-Smith and carried.
c. Price Foursquare Church- 900 N. 400 E.- 1-Lot Subdivision -Review and Final-Item Tabled- Strike
CONSENT AGENDA - CONSENT AGENDA - Councilmember Tatton moved to approve items #7 through 12. Motion seconded by Councilmember Davis and carried.
October 22, 2008
October 8, 2008- City Council Meeting
October 8, 2008- Community Development and Renewal Agency Meeting
8. REAL PROPERTY PROPOSAL- Authorization to Accept the Decision Made by the Real Property Management Committee to Decline an Offer from Mr. Dino Kiahtipes and Mr. Angelo Kiahtipes for a Proposed Potential Property Transaction with Price City.
9. ECONOMIC VITALITY LOAN FUND (EVF) - The Loan Review Committee is Recommending Additional Funding for Bicycleworks and has Recommended that this Conclude any EVF Funding for that Business Consistent with Past Recommendations and Practice
11. TRAVEL REQUEST-
Gary Sonntag requested permission to attend the Utah Floodplain & Stormwater Managers
training and experience will benefit the City’s flood hazards management and mitigation
objectives. Estimated cost is $484.00 (budgeted).
12. WATER TREATMENT PLANT- Emergency Purchase of a Miox Unit to Replace Damaged Miox
13. PRWID-Councilmember Tatton reported on the happenings of the last PRWID meeting.
stated that during a water line break last week,
14. WATER RESOURCES- Regarding the City’s plan to drill deep water wells in the Emma Park
area, Mayor Piccolo stated that a hearing is set for October 30, 2008 to be conducted by the State
Engineer. The Mayor stated that he had recently spoken to an affected property owner who will be
at the hearing and that the owner was in favor of the project.
15. EMERGENCY PLANNING- Mayor Piccolo received a letter from Questar that he will pass to
Gary Sonntag. The letter requested identification of outside gathering areas within 1250 feet of any
He stated that the Atwood Baseball Fields and
identification under that request. Mr. Sonntag said he would assemble the information requested
Questar and respond on behalf of
16. COMMUNITY PROGRESS- Update by Councilmember Hanna-Smith
17. POWER BOARD- Update by Councilmember Davis
· Next meeting- October 29, 2008- 1 p.m.
18. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
a. Committee Review for Street Banners
b. Curb, Gutter and Sidewalk Improvements on 2nd South
c. Basso Dino-Mine Playground
e. Demand Side Management Program
f. New Library Project
October 22, 2008
g. Water Issue- 100 South 400-500 East
i. Fire Station
Councilmember Hanna-Smith moved to open the Community Development and Renewal Agency meeting
at 6:33 p.m. Motion seconded by Councilmember McEvoy and carried.
meeting at 6:34 p.m.
City Council meeting adjourned at 6:42 p.m. by Mayor Piccolo pursuant to the motion by Councilmember McEvoy.