MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 24, 2008
Larry Bruno, Chairman Nick Tatton, Community Director
EXCUSED: Laurie Tryon, City Recorder
OTHERS PRESENT: Jack Wright, Sherald Law, Victor Hansen and Angelo Kiahtipes
I PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Chairman Bruno led the Pledge of Allegiance
II ROLL CALL
III MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 10, 2008
Commissioner A. Richens moved to approve the minutes of November 10, 2008
as presented. Motion seconded by Commissioner Hanna-Smith and carried.
IV PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS- No public comment presented
V PUBLIC HEARING TO RECEIVE INPUT ON THE PROPOSED CIRCLE K
CONSTRUCTION SUBDIVISION LOCATED AT APPROXIMATELY 200
NORTH 700 WEST
MOTION. Commissioner Shook moved to open the public hearing at 6:03p.m.
Motion seconded by Commissioner A. Richens. No public comment was
received. MOTION. Commissioner Hanna-Smith moved to close the public
hearing at 6:04 p.m. Motion seconded by Commissioner Sacco and carried.
VI CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT- PROPOSED CIRCLE K CONSTRUCTION
SUBDIVISION- CONCEPT, PRELIMINARY AND FINAL- APPROX. 200 N.
700 W. RIVER WEST SUBDIVISION- ANGELO KIAHTIPES
Angelo Kiahtipes presented this request for a subdivision of land to accommodate
proposed commercial development in the area (hotel and restaurant).The
subdivision plat has been reviewed by the Price City Engineer. The approval of
the subdivision should include the condition that the 30’ access easement is
to public safety. Nick Tatton requested that Mr. Kiahtipes prepare a mylar plat
subdivision as soon as possible for
MOTION. Commissioner A. Richens moved to approve this subdivision. Motion
seconded by Commissioner Shook and carried.
USE PERMIT- LAQUINTA
Chairman Bruno read aloud the outstanding items that need to be completed
before final approval could be granted:
· Road adjustment from 80’ to 66’with the terms that when the road is complete there will be no on street parking permitted adjacent to the hotel.
· Written confirmation that the private property owners(s) will maintain the storm drain where it is located on private property and not in the public right-of-way.
· Letter from PRWID on sewer connection is still needed
· Finalization of matters relating to the relocation and easements relating to the “Koss Ditch” that runs through the development site finding that properly controlled ditch areas, including proper easements, mitigate impact to the ditch system, promote development and reduce occurrence of right of way misunderstandings. An easement is needed from the development to be granted to Mr. Roger Koss.
· Storm Basin- Price City requires detailed information on basin and a letter of confirmation that storm water drain is on private property and will be maintained and kept open as Price City cannot do work on private property.
· Fire Chief recommendations-subject to meeting the proper water flow requirements- 3 hydrants for fire suppression-one hydrant serving the fire sprinkler system fire connection-within 100’ of fireline that goes into the building. Also, the Fire Department needs to have access to three (3) sides of the building in case of fire.
MOTION. Commissioner Hanna-Smith moved to approve LaQuinta Hotel preliminary approval only contingent upon listed requirements and bring back a final approval administratively. Motion seconded by Commissioner Sacco and carried. ACCEPTANCE. The commission confirmed the acceptance and understanding of the approval conditions by Jack Wright
VIII UPDATE- NEIGHBOR ISSUES- CLINT MOTTE- 1592 E. 500 S. - GRAZING
Sherald Law came to the meeting requesting information on what the City has
Decided for the nuisance issue with his neighbor Clint Motte. Chairman Bruno
updated Mr. Law on the legal non-complying land use for grazing of livestock on
the Motte property.
The City agrees that the grazing of cattle is a legitimate land use under the City’s
Code. Chairman Bruno stated that if Mr. Law believes that a nuisance with flies
and smells exists on the Motte property then he has the right to pursue individual
and private legal remedies under the law. Commissioner Hanna-Smith stated that
it is sad that legal remedies would have to be pursued and that two neighbors
could not work together to resolve the problem. She has some information on the
City nuisance ordinances that Mr. Law can pick up from her office if he is
interested. MOTION. Commissioner Hanna-Smith moved that the Commission
provided information to Mr. Law that the land use is legal, pre-existing, non-
compliance animal property and offered advice to follow the nuisance ordinance
to Mr. Law for a remedy. Motion seconded by Commissioner Lyon and carried.
IX UNFINISHED BUSINESS
a. Completion of off street parking requirements by 7-01-09
Meeting ended at 6:29 p.m. Motion by Commissioner Lyon
Chairman, Larry Bruno City Recorder, Laurie Tryon