Minutes of the
City Hall: Price,
December 12, 2007 at 5:30 p.m.
Councilmembers: Aleck Shilaos, Police Chief
Kathy Hanna-Smith Pat Larsen, Finance Director
Jeff Nielson Nick Tatton, Community Director
Bret Cammans, Customer Service Director
Others Present: Richard Pendleton, Sue Christensen, Anita and Scott Bruno
Mayor Piccolo led the Pledge of Allegiance. Roll was called with the above Councilmembers and staff in attendance.
COMMENT-Richard Pendleton, of Boy Scout Troop 296 brought before the Council a
set of photos and information regarding an Eagle Scout project that his troop has
just completed. The project included the installation of a flag pole and spot
light at the
2. COUNCILMEMBERS REPORT- The Mayor and Councilmembers presented an update on the activities and functions in which they have participated.
3. PUBLIC HEARING- To Receive Input on a Request to Re-zone the Property Containing and Surrounding the Price City Public Works Complex from Multiple Residential 7 (MR-7) to Public Facilities (PF)
MOTION. Councilmember Tatton moved to open the public hearing at 6:03 p.m. to receive input on the proposed re-zone of the property containing and surrounding the Price City Public Works Complex. Motion seconded by Councilmember Hanna-Smith and carried. No public comment was received.
MOTION. Councilmember Tatton moved to close the public hearing at 6:04 p.m. Motion seconded by Councilmember Nielson and carried.
4. RE-ZONE REQUEST- ORDINANCE 2006-06 Authorization to Approve the Re-zone to the Property Containing and Surrounding the Price City Public Works Complex from Multiple Residential 7 (MR-7) to Public Facilities (PF) and to Adopt Ordinance 2007-06 Amending the Re-zone.
MOTION. Councilmember Nielson moved to approve the re-zone for the property containing and surrounding the Price City Public Works Complex from Multiple Residential 7 (MR-7) to Public Facilities (PF). Motion seconded by Councilmember Hanna-Smith and carried.
HEARING- To Receive Input on the Updated
MOTION. Councilmember Tatton moved to open the public hearing at 6:05 p.m. to receive input. Motion seconded by Councilmember Hanna-Smith and carried. No public comment was received. MOTION. Councilmember Tatton moved to close the public hearing at 6:06 p.m. Motion seconded by Councilmember McEvoy and carried.
6. ANNEXATION POLICY PLAN RESOLUTION 2007-34 Authorization to Adopt a Resolution Adopting the Annexation Policy Plan 2007 Update
MOTION. Councilmember Davis moved to approve the Resolution Adopting the Annexation Policy Plan 2007 Update. Motion seconded by Councilmember Nielson and carried.
7. VISIONARY SERVICE LEADER AWARD- Scott Bruno
Bruno received the award for December 2007 for assisting to make
SPACE PERMIT- Authorization to Allow Santa Claus to Enter
MOTION. Councilmember Tatton moved to approve the Air Space Permit for Santa Claus. Motion seconded by Councilmember Hanna-Smith and carried.
REQUEST- Sue Christensen- A Request for
Sue Christensen from the
PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION MEETINGS:
Councilmember Nielson reported that the Planning and Zoning Commission gave the following
recommendation on an application for a Home Occupied Permit:
10. HOME OCCUPIED PERMITS
a. Miller Construction- 248 N. 300 E.- Jim Miller, Owner- Office Use Only-Tabled
MOTION. Councilmember Nielson moved to approve the recommendation from the Planning and Zoning Commission to table the home occupied permit for Miller Construction. Motion seconded by Councilmember Hanna-Smith and carried.
11. CONDITIONAL USE PERMITS
Councilmember Nielson reported that the Planning and Zoning Commission gave the following recommendations on applications for Conditional Use Permits:
a. A.L. Enterprises, Inc.-
b. Amanda’s Cheerleading- Nielson Lane/Airport Road- Amanda Alderson, Owner-New Building-Concept
c. Pinion Drive Subdivision-1600 E. 600 N.-Victor Hansen, Owner- Concept
d. American Dream Subdivision- 400 N. 1600 E.-Amendment Phase I Plat A-Washburn & Assoc.- Final
e. American Dream - Four
f. American Dream - Planned Unit Development- Parklane at American Dream-Washburn & Assoc.- Final
g. American Dream-Parklane Twin Homes- Washburn & Assoc.-Final
h. American Dream-Parklane Townhomes- Washburn & Assoc.-Final
i. CJ’s Storage- Rick Krompel, Owner- Amendment- Final
MOTION. Councilmember Nielson moved to grant final approval on item a. Motion seconded by Councilmember Davis and carried.
Mr. John Dester presented items d, e, f, g and h. with
information for the Councilmembers on the project of American Dream Subdivision
and Parklane Homes regarding size, cost and availability of the homes. Councilmember
Davis had the same concerns as the Planning and Zoning Commission regarding the
traffic impact that could become a problem on
MOTION. Councilmember Hanna-Smith moved to grant final approval on items d, e, f, g, h. Motion seconded by Councilmember McEvoy and carried.
MOTION. Councilmember Tatton moved to grant final approval on item i and to accept the Planning and Zoning motion to deny the Conditional Use Permit amendment. Motion seconded by Councilmember Nielson and carried.
CONSENT AGENDA- MOTION. Councilmember Tatton moved to approve items #12 through #24.
Motion seconded by Councilmember Davis and carried.
November 28, 2007 City Council Meeting
13. EASY PROGRAM REIMBURSEMENT- Authorization to Complete Reimbursement from the EASY Program to Jesus Munoz in the Amount of $1,875.00 for Property Improvements and to Michael Marx in the Amount of $2,000 for Property Improvements
HALL ROOF- Authorization to Advertise and Bid the Replacement of the
15. BUSINESS LICENSE CODE UPDATE- Authorization to Approve the Business License Code
16. BUSINESS LICENSE FEE SCHEDULE- Authorization to Approve the Changes to the Business License Fee Schedule that was approved on November 28, 2007
17. BEER LICENSE PERMIT APPLICATIONS – Authorization to Approve the Beer License Permit Application Forms and the Temporary Beer License Permit Application Forms
18. CANVASS OF GENERAL ELECTION- November 20, 2007
Authorization to Approve the Canvass of General Election held on November 20, 2007.
The City Council acted as the Board of Canvassers for the November 6, 2007 General Election. The Election results as compiled by the Carbon County Recorders Office was completed and reported to the City Recorder during an Election Canvass at the County offices on November 19, 2007. The results were as followed:
Candidates Name Term and Office Total Votes
Rick Davis Councilmember-4years 1154
Jeff Nielson Councilmember-4years 1170
MEETING SCHEDULE- Authorization to Approve the 2008 Meeting Schedule for the
BLOCK CROSSING- Authorization to Postpone the Pedestrian Mid-Block Crossing at
Streets Department had scheduled the installation of a ‘mid block crossing’ on
21. INTERSTATE BARRICADE- Authorization for Final Payment #1, Change Order #1 to Interstate Barricade for the Completed Traffic Paint Striping within the City of $17,798.31
Interstate Barricade has completed all of the required traffic paint striping within the City. A change order is necessary to adjust for as-built quantities with a decrease of $2,738.71 for a total contract of $17,798.31. Final payment will be $17,798.31.
22. DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT- Authorization for Final Release #2 of $10,597.80 to CV-LLC for the Completion of the Highway Patrol Project Public Improvements and Utility Easements
Highway Patrol project public improvements are complete with receipt of
recorded deeds for
EQUIPMENT PURCHASE- Authorization to Purchase Playground Equipment for the
Ratification of Council poll. The City received 3
quotations for a Miracle 714-S079-YE7 playground or equivalent: Garrett,
$13,439; Blue Sky, $16,353; Great Western, $14,538.25. This playground was on a
50% closeout discount. It is proposed that two (2) playground packages be
purchased: one for South Park (CDBG) and one for
24. CONTRACT ADDENDUM- Authorization to Accept Contract Addendum #04-07 to the General Engineering Services Agreement with Jones and Demille Engineering for the Water Distribution and Sewer Collection Pipeline Replacement Design. Staff is planning to hire the services of Jones & Demille Engineering to complete survey, design and bid document preparation for water distribution and sewer collection pipeline replacement, approximately 3600 feet of pipe. The estimated not to exceed fee is $29,531.
25. PRWID- Update by Councilmember Tatton reported on the happenings of the last PRWID meeting.
26. COMMUNITY PROGRESS- Update by Councilmember Hanna-Smith
The Christmas Light awards will be given on December 20 th 2007 with judging held during
December 11-18th, 2007.
27. INTERNATIONAL DAYS – Update by Councilmember Davis
A date for the International Days has not yet been decided. A meeting will be held on December
19th, 2007 to determine the dates. MOTION. Councilmember Hanna-Smith moved to have
Councilmember McEvoy serve as this year’s Co-Chairperson for International Days. Motion
seconded by Councilmember Tatton and carried.
28. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
a. Committee Review for Street Banners
b. Curb, Gutter and Sidewalk Improvements on 2nd South
c. Basso Dino-Mine Playground
29. EXECUTIVE SESSION- struck
Meeting adjourned at 7:20 p.m. by Mayor Piccolo pursuant to motion by Councilmember McEvoy.
Laurie Tryon, City Recorder